Friday, September 20, 2013

Everything is Okay


Everything is Okay  
 
null
Photo by: Jonathan Lin
 
The feeling sneaks up on me occasionally, and I don't particularly enjoy it.  

I'll be in the middle of conducting a class with a group of participants, doing what I've become so familiar doing, when a wave of thoughts jolts across my mind.  

"Can I keep this going?  Can I sustain this level of performance?  Can I ensure that everyone here, all of these people counting on me, will receive something of power and value?"

It's normal, even healthy, to pose questions like these to oneself every now and again.  It keeps you honest and accountable.  It spurs renewed energy and effort.  It keeps you sharp, and away from the lazy, wasteful pitfall of routine and rote.

Yet when these thoughts scamper through my consciousness, normal as they might be, they still bother me, even if only a little.  That is, until I remember a greater truth.

Everything is okay.  
Everyone is okay.  
I'm okay, and so is the way in which I go about my business of interacting with clients.  

And why?  Because every person is built to succeed.  Every person has a champion inside.  Those who understand and appreciate this fact - and who operate from a platform of positive, accepting, love-based relationships with others - have nothing to fear.  Ever.

So respect those moments of self-questioning and use them to bring yourself even higher.  But never forget that you are - just the same as I am, and everyone else is - a champion inside.  

Built by love.  Built to succeed.

Be Well,

Eric Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment